Wednesday, June 17, 2009

library inspired





During my second week of my internship my boss took me out for dinner and drinks at a restaurant called Public in SoHo.  The restaurant was designed after an old public library.  All of the small details were amazing and really made the whole atmosphere come together such as the wall of keys behind the hostess kiosk, the card catalogs, menus on slender clipboards, dim lighting, and sectioned shelving.  


Today, while looking at one of my favorite design blogs, Design*Sponge, I saw that they posted a gift that someone had made which was inspired by library catalog cards.  

Grace Light was celebrating her two year anniversary and decided to replace the book numbers with important dates in their relationship, book titles with “chapters” of their life together, and publisher locations with places that are important to them. The best part? Each year they plan to add memories to their library card box. 

1 comment: